|Male Venom Draconian (Dragon Vassal) Racial Class 4/Urban Ranger 2
"All I have is myself."
- CR: +1
- LA: +2
- Dragon: Noble draconians are creatures of the dragon type.
- Elemental Subtype: Air
- Darkvision:60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision:60 feet.
- Natural AC: +2
- Fast Healing: 5
- Death Throe: A venom draconian's body dissolves into a pool of acid 5 feet in radius the moment it dies. everyone within the affected area (as well as each unattended object) suffers 1d6 points of acid damager per round of exposure. The acid evaporates in 1d6 rounds. Venom draconians can only be restored to life through the use of a resurrection, true resurrection, or wish spell.
- Immunities: Nagash is immune to all diseases, paralysis, and magic sleep effects.
- Favored Enemy (Dark Knights) (Ex): Nagash gains a +2 bonus on Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks against the Dark Knights. Likewise, he gets a +2 bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls against them. Nagash may make Knowledge skill checks untrained when attempting to identify these creatures.
- Gallop: Nagash gains Run as a bonus feat.
- Glide (Ex): Nagash can use his wings to glide, negating any damage from a fall of any height. He can also travel horizontally up to four times the vertical distance he descends.
- Inspired by Dragons (Ex): Noble draconians are drawn to dragons and revere them. When under the command of a true dragon whose alignment is within one step of his own, or when entering a battle under the command of such a dragon, Nagash receives a +1 morale bonus on all attacks and saving throws.
- Low Metabolism: Nagash can survive on one-tenth the food and water it takes to sustain a human.
- Poison:The bite of a venom draconian carries a paralyzing poison (Fort DC 13, initial damage 1d4 Dex, secondary damage 1d6 Dex), which it can deliver at will.
- Sneak Attack: Nagash deals +1d6 points of damage whenever his target would be denied his Dexterity bonus, or when Nagash is flanking his opponent. This extra damage applies to ranged attacks if the target is within 30 feet.
- Spell Resistance: 11.
- Track (Ex): Nagash adds half his level (1) to Survival skill checks made to follow or identify tracks.
- Wild Empathy (Ex): Nagash can improve the initial attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check to improve the attitude of a person (see Using Skills). The ranger rolls 1d20 and adds his ranger level and his Charisma bonus to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly. To use wild empathy, the ranger and the animal must be within 30 feet of one another under normal visibility conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute, but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time. The ranger can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but he takes a –4 penalty on the check.
Acrobatics +11, Bluff +9, Climb +9, Diplomacy +4, Disable Device +6, Fly +4, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (local - Tarsis) +6, Perception +14, Sense Motive +4, Stealth +12, Survival +3.
Alertness, Quick Draw, Run, Street Smart, Two-Weapon Fighting.
Common, Draconic, Nerakese.
Kukri +8 (1d4 + 6 damage/×4)
Kukri +8 (1d4 + 5 damage/×4)
Bite: +7 (1d4+6 damage)
Drac Suit: breastplate +6, +3 Max Dex, -4 Armor Check, DR 2/-, +2 bonus to Hide checks
Gauntlets: +1 brilliant energy sonic claws 2d4+6 damage (+1d6 sonic damage when feature activated), crit 19-20/x2, slashing, piercing. The gauntlets sonic and brilliant energy effects can only be activated a total of 4 times per day, each activation beyond that carries a 10% cumulative chance of burning them out.
Blade Boots (2): dagger (1d4 damage, 19-20/x2, piercing, slashing)
Utility Belt: (6) smudge sticks, (3) vials of liquid bandage, (3) vials of acid
2 masterwork kukri (alternating waves of silver & cold iron), ring of protection +1, potion of resist enegy (fire), potion of blur, short sword, leather armor, 1 week of trail rations, 2 waterskins, hooded lantern, flint & steel, 3 flasks of oil, 2 sacks, 200 steel pieces.
Grizzled old venom draconian. Smokes a stogie.
Tarsis. The city by the sea. Or it once was, until the gods dropped one hell of a fiery mountain on Krynn. Some folks call the city a reminder. Others call it a relic. I call it home.
Name's Nagash. I'm a draconian, venom to be exact. My kind is one of the noble varieties. Dragonarmies got a bit desperate at the end of the war, so they created us. Little did they realize we'd turn upon them.
My partner, a dwarf named Dieg Fastiron, and I worked this city. We're part of the Legion of Steel. I was out of town, and came back a week later tofind my partner dead. That was three months ago.
Now I work alone. All I have is myself, and I'm gonna hunt down the bastards that took away my partner's life, no matter where it takes me. There is no place to hide.
Name: Jaymes Folkland
NG male human warrior 7
Archetype: City Watch Sergeant
Background: Until last night, Jaymes was a member of the Legion of Steel. Nearly losing his life in the fire which consumed his home has convinced him of the folly of continuing to be a member. He has turned his back on the Legion and embraced Lord Slade.
Name: Andreia Calixtan
N female human noble 5
Archetype: Wealthy Socialite
Background: Andreia is a spoiled brat. She has had everything handed to her and has never had to work for anything in her life. She intensely dislikes Kristianna for something that happened during their childhood, and seeks to embarrass Kristianna at every possible turn.
Name: Ernesto Fabricio
NE male human rogue 5
Archetype: Thieves Guild Numbers Runner
Background: Ernie is the numbers runner for the Tarsian Thieves Guild. He claims to be the right hand of Dominic Adarga; however that is far from the truth. He is actually fourth or fifth in the hierarchy of the Thieves guild, but makes himself out to be more important than he really is. Unbeknownst to Dominic, Ernie has been skimming off the top of the profits of the Thieves Guild for years. Nagash is aware of this and lets the secret stay dormant, so long as Ernesto provides information from time to time.
Name: Reynold Richards
CG male human expert 5
Archetype: Newspaper Reporter, Tarsian Record
Background: Richards is one of the most well-known reporters for the Tarsian Record. Richards has a knack for being on the scene faster than his peers. The truth matters little to Richards. His sensationalist stories are quite popular amongst the citizens, keeping him on the payrolls. Richards never prints anything negative about the Dark Knights. All issues are reviewed by the Knights of the Skull before going to print, after all. So long as he portrays them in a positive light, the Skull Knight adjudicators stay away.
Name: Rizzo the Rat
N male gully dwarf rogue 3
Archetype: Gully Dwarf Street Urchin
Background: Rizzo is a known beggar in town. As a gully dwarf, he often goes without notice. In fact, most folks avoid him. That's just the way he likes it, as he is able to pick up on the occasional bit of information from time to time. He gives out that information, the best he can recite it, to whoever pays him the most, or at least offers him some food. Rizzo has developed a strong ability at thievery, which allows him to pick the occasional pocket or open a lock so he can steal food.
This item has been published here with permission from the author(s) and may not be reproduced without permission. This is a fan submission and its contents are completely unofficial. Some characters, places, likenesses and other names may be copyright Wizards of the Coast.