D&D 3e (3.0/3.5) Rules
Nutarshakti (literally, dwellers of the night) are a sect of the Rakshasa who long ago, possessed by an ever consuming hunger for power, swore an oath of loyalty and obedience to Nutar, the Black Eye, the god of black magic commonly known as Nuitari.
In exchange for new magic and knowledge, they willingly departed their own realm and lived for centuries on the dark surface of their god's moon. Along the generations they suffered the transformation of their bodies, minds and very essence. As a result, they gained enhanced mystical senses and a more powerful intellect; their fur turned snow white and their eyes blood red, but renounced their shapechanging powers and lost the ability to read other minds.
Hidden in magically sculpted ivory palaces beneath the black moon's surface, they spend their lives in permanent study and devoted to the creation of new magic. Occasionally, Nuitari demands them to perform a task as emissaries from the deity to his mortal servants, teachers to gifted Black Robes or guardians of powerful magical places.
Except as noted below, the Nutarshakti share all the racial traits of their rakshasa ancestors:
- +4 Dex, +4 Con, +6 Int, +6 Wis, +4 Cha. Years of study and isolation have deprived the Nutarshakti from part of their physical prowess, but have also honed their minds beyond mortal limits.
- Darkvision out to 120 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A nutarshakti begins with seven levels of outsider, which provide 7d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +7, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +5, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: A nutarshakti's outsider levels give it skill points equal to 10 x (8 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Bluff, Decipher Script, Knowledge (arcana), Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spellcraft and Spot. A nutarshakti has a +4 racial bonus on Bluff and Move Silently checks, and a -8 racial modifier on Hide checks against dark backgrounds.
- Racial Feats: A nutarshakti's outsider levels give it three feats, plus Alertness as a racial feat.
- +8 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: Bite (1d4) and 2 claws (1d3).
- Arcane Sight (Ex): as the spell, permanent
- See Invisibility (Ex): as the spell, permanent
- Spells: A nutarshakti character casts spells as a 7th-level wizard. If the character takes additional levels of wizard, these levels stack with the nutarshakti's base spellcasting ability for spells known and any other effects dependent on caster level. A nutarshakti character likewise uses the sum of its racial spellcasting levels and class levels to determine the abilities of its familiar, though they rarely summon them.
- Special Qualities (see above): See Invisibility, Arcane Sight, damage reduction 15/good, silver and piercing, spell resistance equal to 30 + class levels.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Infernal. Bonus Languages: Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Wizard.
- Level adjustment +8.
This item has been published here with permission from the author(s) and may not be reproduced without permission. This is a fan submission and its contents are completely unofficial. Some characters, places, likenesses and other names may be copyright Wizards of the Coast.