Random Encounter Charts for your DL 3.5 Campaign
D&D 3e (3.0/3.5) Rules
The following random encounter charts make use of most creature "stat blocks" found in the D&D version 3.5 Monster Manual and the Dragonlance gaming sourcebooks published by Margaret Weis Productions Ltd. (formerly Sovereign Press).
Most encounter charts are divided into terrain and temperature type, and use a percentile format to determine specific encounters. Some creatures have been added to specific terrains either to provide a greater variety of encounters, or because the creature's temperament or habitat was appropriate to the terrain. For example, Krynnish ogres prefer the mountains and were added to the various mountain encounter tables. If a creature appears in multiple products, the most recent product containing a complete stat block is generally indicated (but see Special Notes).
Download these charts now! (183 KB)
|Sources Used for these Charts|
||Age of Mortals Campaign Sourcebook
||Dragonlance Campaign Setting
||Dragons of Krynn
||Dragons of Spring
||Dragons of Winter
||Holy Orders of the Stars
||Key of Destiny
||Monster Manual 3.5
||Price of Courage
||Revised Bestiary of Krynn
||Towers of High Sorcery
- Aquatic chart: The various aquatic temperature types (cold, temperate, warm) were consolidated into a single Aquatic chart in order to provide a sufficient variety of encounters.
- Death Knight (DLCS): This template is best used in a specific, pre-planned encounter and was not included.
- Dragon, Spirit (HOotS, SoS): This template is best used in a specific, pre-planned encounter and was not included.
- Eldritch Emissary (ToHS): This template is best used in a specific, pre-planned encounter and was not included.
- Eldritch Haunt (ToHS): This template is best used as a specific, pre-planned encounter and was not included.
- Forestmaster (RBoK): This template is best used as a specific, pre-planned encounter and was not included.
- Mundane Races: Typical "Krynnish" dwarves, elves, gnomes, half-elves, half-ogres, humans and kender do not have "stat blocks" in the above sources, and were not included for this reason.
- Nonstandard Dragonlance Monsters (as described in the Revised Bestiary of Krynn) were not included in these charts.
- Ogre Titan (AoM, PoC): This template is best used in a specific, pre-planned encounter and was not included.
- Other Planes chart: This section provides random encounter charts for the planes of existence described in the Dragonlance Campaign Setting, and expanded upon in Holy Orders of the Stars and the Revised Bestiary of Krynn.
- Phaethon: The Key of Destiny version is referenced in these tables for ease of reference (since no other creatures from Spectre of Sorrows are used that do not appear in other sources)
A Note to DMs: These encounter charts list the Challenge Rating for a single creature of that type. Feel free to bring these encounter charts to "life" in your game by adding creatures or modifying circumstances as you see fit.
Download this article now! (183 KB)
This item has been published here with permission from the author(s) and may not be reproduced without permission. This is a fan submission and its contents are completely unofficial. Some characters, places, likenesses and other names may be copyright Wizards of the Coast.