D&D 3e (3.0/3.5) Rules
The Lucanesti were a little-known branch of elvenkind that is said to have died out around the time of the Cataclysm. Complete information on the Lucanesti can be found on the Dragonlance Lexicon.
Lucanesti Racial Traits
Lucanesti have the following elven racial traits instead of the normal elven abilities and traits listed in Chapter 2 of the Player's Handbook:
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution
- Medium size.
- Lucanesti base land speed is 30 feet.
- Elvensight: Lucanesti elves have low-light vision, and also have darkvision up to 30 feet.
- +2 racial bonus on Search and Spot checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Sense Motive checks.
- Anlage (Su): Once per day, a Lucanesti elf can attempt to access a form of elven racial memory known as the anlage. A Lucanesti elf may make a special anlage check with a bonus equal to his Intelligence modifier to see whether he knows some relevant information concerning elven culture, history, society, or elven items (including magical ones). Commonly-known information (such as the names of past Speakers or Heads of Household) has a DC of 10, uncommon information (such as the identity of an elven friend's ancestor) has a DC of 15, and rare information (including any magical information) has a DC of at least 20. The DM will determine the DC of the check as appropriate to the information being sought.
- Rockform (Su): As a full-round action, a Lucanesti can transform his body into a rocky shell that is easily mistaken for a natural rock or rock formation (but the Lucanesti's weight does not change). The Lucanesti can see and hear normally when in rockform, but must stay completely still or revert to his elven form. While in rockform, the Lucanesti gets a +4 natural armor bonus to Armor Class and a +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks (to look like a rock of Small or Medium size). If a Lucanesti is killed while in rockform, his body turns into stone (much like that of a baaz draconian).
- Stonesight (Sp): Twice per day, a Lucanesti elf can use a stonesight effect, as the spell in the Age of Mortals Companion (caster level 1st).
- Automatic Languages: Elven. Bonus Languages: Common, Dwarven, Istarian, Solamnic, and Terran.
- Favored Class: Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +1
This item has been published here with permission from the author(s) and may not be reproduced without permission. This is a fan submission and its contents are completely unofficial. Some characters, places, likenesses and other names may be copyright Wizards of the Coast.